BE ON THE SAFE SIDE
When fitted in combination with a support structure (pool ledge or hand rail) GRANDO pool covers can even take the weight of a person. A priceless advantage for children and loved ones.
* Drowning is the second leading cause of unintentional
injury-related death among children ages 14 and under.
* The majority of drownings and near-drownings occur in residential swimming pools or spas.
* More than half of these drownings occur in the childs home and one-third occur at homes of friends, neighbors or relatives.
* Child drowning usually occurs quickly and silently in a matter of
* Two minutes following submersion a child will lose consciousness.
* Irreversible brain damage occurs in four to six minutes and
determines the immediate and long term survival of a child.
* Typical medical costs for a near-drowning victim can range from $75,000 for initial treatment to $180,000 a year for long-term care.
* The cost for a single near-drowning that results in brain injury
can be more than $4.5 million.
Help Prevent Backyard Drowning
1. Completely fence in your pool area, and ensure that access to the pool is locked whenever an adult is not present.
2. Remove the steps to above-ground pools when they are not in use.
3. Keep rescue equipment nearby, and learn CPR and First-Aid.
4. Never leave a child unsupervised near a pool, even if they can swim.
5. Never substitute flotation devices for supervision.
6. Never leave the pool cover partially in place. Always remove it completely when the pool is in use.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that in the United States 260 children under the age of five drown in backyard pools every year, and that another 3,000 children in the same age group are treated in emergency rooms for submersion-related accidents. Help prevent backyard pool-related injuries by making your swimming pool a safe place to play.
|NEW. Child safety locks PREVENT children|
from lifting or pushing the pool cover
aside and then sliding underneath them.
This child lock is approved by the French government
and all others we are sure will follow soon.
Lets not wait to be the last who follow.
NEW! CHILD SAFETY LOCKS